Monday, March 2, 2009

Snowed In and Fiber Bliss

This is what I woke up to yesterday morning. This morning I woke up to that plus about 2 more inches and it's still falling. Of course, the kids didn't have school which is good............I need someone to help wind yarn skeins.




My daffodils and tuberose bulbs were coming up. I'm keeping my fingers crossed they'll still bloom. Of course, the blooms will only last maybe 24 hours before the deer eat them. I'm seriously considering fencing in all my flowers with barbed wire. My yard would look like a prison compound for deliquent flowers and mowing around it would be a pain in the hindquarters so I guess that won't happen. Let's see..........

Katie went to the movies with a friend on Saturday and had a fabulous time and Alex helped me with ebay and etsy stuff and then I watched Lord of the Rings: Return of the King with him. We have to watch movies like that when Katie is gone..........the creatures kind of freak her out and she doesn't sleep well which means she wants me to sleep with her in a twin bed. This means I don't sleep well and this means Katie doesn't watch movies that are scarey in any sense of the word. Both of the kids are going to sleep overs on Friday. It's been probably 6 months or more since both kids were gone over night at the same time. Eric and I won't know how to act.

I learned how to Navajo ply over the weekend, luckily it's not as hard as it looks. It was like crocheting with my whole arm instead of a hook. The yarn came out great! I'm suppose to be working and the kids are quiet (this is usually not good) so I better go see what the natives are up to and get back to work.

No comments: