Sunday, March 8, 2009

Feels Like Spring!



Wow! I woke up this morning and it was 62 degrees outside!! It's gotten up to 73 and is so nice outside I hate to be in doing those boring things like chipping away at the mountain of laundry by the washing machine. It's been a crazy weekend.....well, for me anyway. Alex and Katie both spent the night at friends houses on Friday so Eric and I got to watch a movie that we didn't think the kids could handle and it was great!! We didn't end up going to bed until 11:30 and I had to get up early to do my Saturday shipping and get ready for my knitting group meeting. I think I woke up at 6:00 but didn't really become cognizant until 9:30ish. We had a nice knitting group though smaller this time. We missed everybody that didn't show :( I came home with a little more of Melissa's gorgeous roving and now my "secret stash" drawer is full. This is the secret roving stash...........the secret yarn stash busted its seams along time ago and is now in full view on a set of shelves that goes up to the ceiling. I can't wait to spin it!!
I picked Alex up at his friends house after the meeting. He had a great time---played video games, watched a movie, ate pizza, stayed up late. When he got home he ate lunch and crashed on the couch for about 4 hours right in the middle of a Beverly Hillbillies episode........he loves that show. Granny is my favorite ;) Katie called while he was asleep and wanted to know if she could stay at her friends house another night. What? Well, I had to nix that...........I missed my baby girl. She had a great time and apparently was "good as gold". Both sets of parents said the kids were welcome to come back anytime. That makes you feel so good as a parent to know that your kids are polite, well behaved , fun little individuals who people like to be around. Hmmm, it's either that or my kids are GREAT actors and have everybody snowed.
I dyed a little roving today. It was rather experimental but I didn't do to badly, mostly I need to use more dye next time.........I'm just not crazy about pastels. Oh yeah, I need to wear rubber gloves next time too..............my hands are purple, dark purple. It's a nice shade of purple though. The funny thing is the thing I REALLY wanted to dye didn't get dyed. I can't believe I forgot since it's the whole reason I turned the kitchen into Madame Curries lab while Eric was gone to the grocery store. While the cats away the mice will............make a mess in the kitchen. Craptastic, maybe next time.
Eric got this neat gadget that cleans his pocket watches for ebay and my jewelry. It looks like something out of Star Wars.........a cute mini droid that hums. He cleaned my watch so now I've got no excuses for not knowing what time it is--still not sure if this is a good thing. Anyway, he loves his new toy. Well, I think I'm going to go oil Ethel and do some spinning, or take a much needed nap.

No comments: