Friday, January 30, 2009

Snowed In

It snowed.......sleet........freezing rain........and then more snow. Lovely. We were stuck on the mountain for two days. The kids loved it, they went sledding down the road. Yes, the road. Eric said they would be fine. I limited my reply to "I'm not driving to the emergency room." and went to mix a drink. Cripes! I guess he didn't figure anyone would be on the road because it was so bad.........we're not talking main road, we're talking dirt back road. Of course, he was right (sometimes that drives me nuts) and they had a ball sledding for hours.
I keep hearing this ad on the radio for having respectful, calm, polite, and obedient children. They claim they will send you the kit and within one minute (yes, they claim one minute) you will see a major improvement in behavior. Huh? Eric and I think they send a 2x4 with a note that says "USE IT".
Craftywise, I have cleaned out and up my fabric stash, made some needle cases for Etsy and Art Fire, made a drop spindle bag for Etsy, spun some yarn that I need to ply, added all my patterns to Ravelry, finished Katie's socks, and had my Cabled Fingerless Glove pattern accepted for the Knitting Pattern Central website. The number of views on my website went through the roof once that pattern was up. I also added my Blackberry Patch scarf as a free pattern on my website and a Homicide Prevention Gallery page............send me photos of your finished projects and I'll post them for all the world to see. Now I guess I better go do something that pays the bills.

No comments: