- I finished spinning and plying my Flower Fairy batt for the Spin A Long.....I did the Marigold and it's gorgeous!!
- Eric has orders for fiber tools coming in pretty steady now and is working on them constantly to keep up. Good that we're getting orders, bad that he's got no time.
- Alex will be making spinning clouds for the shop this summer....Nimbus Clouds (smooth) and Storm Clouds (with nepps for textured yarn)
- Katie will be making multicolored and solid colored sheep pins and magnets for the shop and I think batts we're calling Battitudes.....she will give each batt and attitude and a picture of her in that "attitude" will accompany each listing. At least this is the plan.
- Beauford bunny is almost potty trained, I think. This means he's using the same spot for most of his business with the errant bunny marble here and there.
- George was gone for two days cruising chicks and bar hopping and finally came home. I think he realized cantalope, bananas, and tangerines don't grow in the woods.
- I helped Katie clean out and organize her room and lived to tell about it. Seriously, we got 4 lawn bags for the Salvation Army and 4 lawn bags of trash out of there. I'm surprised she could find her way out before we cleaned it up!
- I actually got to see my roses bloom this year!!! This sounds crazy I know, but usually the deer eat them before they have a chance to bloom.
- I got an idea for a series of batts for the shop that I think is going to be fabulous!! We'll see how that goes..........I need to do alot of dyeing and will probably have colored hands for weeks.
Wednesday, June 2, 2010
I Hate Murphy and his law!
I know it's been awhile but there's lots going on, more than I can keep up with most of the time. Things had been going well, a good kind of busy. And just when you think you're starting to catch up Murphy tosses his Law at you. If I ever find Murphy I'll choke him! I got a call from the school nurse yesterday to come and get Alex. He was tripped in the hallway and fell hard on his knee which is bruised and swollen. It's painful, swollen, and bruising so he can't walk on it. He'll be out of commission for several days and miss a few of his SOL's unless we can make a special appointment with the school to drive him in and drop him off to take it and then pick him back up since he can't walk. Craptastic! Anyway, here's the short version of what's happened on the mountain lately.............