Saturday, April 24, 2010

Visiting a Farm!

Today Eric and I loaded up the kids and took a road trip to visit a farm that has some lovely sheep, lots of friendly dogs, and a guardian llama. It was lots of fun meeting the nice couple that owned the farm and the spot they had was gorgeous! Katie fell in love with one of the dogs and would have brought it home if she thought she could sneak it by all the adults. Both kids loved seeing the new lambs AND we got to see two twin lambs that were born 2 hours before we got there. They were so small and soooo CUTE!!! All of the sheep were very friendly and loved the graham cracker treats Geri gave them.........she said it was something they don't get often but boy do they love them!! The miniature dog (it looks like a toy!) loved them too;) After our tour of the farm and seeing all the ewes, lambs, and rams I got to go shopping in Geri's fleece room. Talk about a kid in a candy store! Shelves of fleece in bags stacked almost to the ceiling. Honestly, it was really hard to decide which ones to take......I hate being on a budget........but I came home with 4 gorgeous fleeces and a total of 24.4 lbs. I've got alot of washing to do when we get some good sunny warm weather.......it's rainy and foggy this weekend. Here are some pics (yes, I remembered the camera) I took while I was there...........

1 comment:

Anita said...

Love the photos of the animals! And that is some gorgeous fleece you came home with. Sounds like a nice day trip. :)