Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Chasing My Tail....

Cripes it's been over a week since I last posted! There is so much going on and so much to do I'm a little overwhelmed and I feel like I'm chasing my tail.......getting nowhere really fast. I know I'm getting some stuff done but, well, it's not up to what I feel like I need to get done. I think I'm going to have to take some advice from Dennis Leary "Drop some of your needs!". Until they can clone people I've got to try and remember I'm one person with only 2 hands. Briefly, (right) here's what's going on  on the mountain:

*I'm sewing.........alot. It feels like alot but I only have 3 Caddy Sax and 3 little buddy bags to show for it. My shoulder says it's alot too.
* Eric finished one set of the new small hand combs that can work as a mini comb and hackle set. You can't get a really smooth combed top from it (there will still be nepps) but they are really neat and fun to use.
*My Virginia Bluebells, daffodils, bloodroot, and sundry other mountain wildflowers are blooming....finally. The deer haven't eaten them yet which is a miracle in itself.
*The kids got their report cards today. Katie did the usual......all A's and B's and 1 C.....math kicks her in the butt every time. Alex, my teenager bless his heart, is all over the board with grades. This aggrevates the hell out of me. He is super smart..........no kidding, REALLY smart...he gets this from Eric whose IQ is phenomenal. Alex just decides he doesn't feel like doing class work so he doesn't. He gets great grades on his tests and his teachers say they know that he knows the material, he just won't do the class work. They wonder why I drink.
*I need to dye about 6lbs worth of fiber for a special thing I'm doing in the shop in May........this is a big project I'm hoping to pull off in May and it's kind of freaking me out. Can I do it? Will it work? Should someone just shoot me now?
*Mailwise, it's been a great week!! I got a huge box of fabric from a Ravelry friend whom I swapped some handspun yarn for. I got some gorgeous spinning fiber and my 5lbs of firestar finally showed up today. I'll be dyeing this weekend!!


Oh! I did some new ads for Ravelry for May. Here's one of them!

1 comment:

Anita said...

I saw the title & thought you were talking about me! LOL
Don't worry, the new project will go over awesome! I just know it. :)

BTW, Levi was the exact same way with his schoolwork. It'll drive you nuts!