Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Christmas Frenzy

I know I said I was going to update with a real post over the weekend. Wishful thinking on my part. We got a little over 2 feet of snow and couldn't get off the mountain until Tuesday. I don't mind shoveling snow but this is ridiculous. Now they're calling for sleet and freezing rain Christmas Eve so I probably won't get off the mountain again until Saturday or Monday. That's alright, the kids are having a ball with the snow!


Eric finished my skein winder!!! He even hung it on the wall for me since it's my Christmas present from him this year........I LOVE LOVE LOVE this fiber tool. He's decided not to make them for the shop since they are super time consuming to put together and the shipping would be outrageous. That's fine with me....I got my skein winder;)

Well, Eric has finally gotten a pattern down for the hackle and comb sets that he's satified with. I think we've been through 3 different designs with the previous being modified a little each time. He's working on some now to go in the shop sometime in January. I thought he would never decide (he's picky) on a pattern but now we've got several sets of combs and hackles that we can keep for our use. Yipeee!!! The hackles pictured are his 1st set and an improved 2nd set with a wider area of tines, slightly shorter tines, and recessed clamp area. The 3rd and final set is going to be even nicer!!

I spent two days (at least I think it was, it's all a blur now) cleaning out the area of the downstairs where I do fiber........or I guess I should say where the fiber is taking over. I've organized, cleaned up , cleaned out, and made space. It's like having a whole new work space!!


The kids are super excited about Christmas...Katie's almost climbing the walls......and they've jollied up the house and the tree. Now I need to wrap presents which I don't much care for. Geez, I bought them it doesn't seem fair to have to wrap them too. Eric will help I'm sure.......he will want clean underwear next week after all. Okay, that's enough for now.......back to work! Merry Christmas  !!!        Happy Holidays   !!!            Happy New Year!!


5 comments:

Anita said...

Love, love, love the skein winder! Great job Eric!!

Can I come play in your fiber room? SNOL

Merry Christmas!

bluemtnBeth said...

You come play anytime you want Anita! I don't mind sharing my toys ;) I hope you have a great Christmas!!!

Unknown said...

Container Shipping - Latest container shipping architecture freight, goods overseas shipping carrier company. Export furniture shipping, international household goods with shipping international.

Mary said...

WoW! I love your fiber haven! I definitely want to come play at your house! I'm still drooling over the combs!!! Eric has outdone himself! What a kewl swift set up!

bluemtnBeth said...

Thanks Mary! Eric finally let me use the combs and incorporated some ideas to mitigate bending tines etc.......I'm his "crash test dummy" because I'm a little hard on fiber tools. You come play in my fiber haven anytime...I'll even share my toys;)