Friday, June 5, 2009

General Griping and Stuff

The penguin doesn't want to work (okay, I can't figure out how to make it work) on the blog for some reason. Check it out on my website blog.....it's worth it ;)
Happenings in the Weirdish Wildwood

Yep, I had to break out the penguin thing again...........it's one of my favorites!!! Well, it's been monsoon season here. I think we've gotten over 2" of rain in the last few days and it's still raining. It wouldn't be so bad but it's foggy as hell up here on the mountain.........down at the bottom of the mountain I'm sure it's 70 degrees, sunny, and the birds are twittering. Craptastic! I broke down and got new business cards for both Etsy shops. It was time. I designed them myself on the computer and didn't use crayons or end up throwing the computer out the window.........it was close there for awhile though. Hopefully, I will get them in the mail soon. Alex is off spending the night at a friends house and I'm sure playing video games until he's almost zombiefied (I'm not sure that's a real word, but you know what I mean). In light of this, Katie and I went to the little country store at the bottom of the mountain (it was raining but it was sunny, told ya) and got icecream, Munchos chips, and Hostess cupcakes.............all this healthy food is killing me and I was having junk food withdrawl. We managed to inhale the muchos while watching Word Girl on PBS. I was terribley disappointed that Word Girl was repeats again. I've seen them all, several times, and I love them but I really wish they would come out with some new episodes. Yes, I watch PBS cartoons and like it. Katie had a pizza party at school today. They ate pizza, snowcones, and popcycles..........after lunch. One kid in her class ate so much he threw up. What were they thinking? "Hey! Lets see how much salt, fat, and sugar we can pack into these kids and then count and see how many throw up, climb the walls, go into sugar shock, and have their blood pressure go through the roof." Hmmm, sounds like some weird science experiment and our kids are the guinea pigs. No. They really aren't that smart. Anyway, after cleaning up pizza/snowcone barf out of the carpet maybe they'll rethink this for next year. Eric, Katie, and I are all sitting in front of computers clicking away and it's totally freaking me out so I'm going to go do something that doesn't require electronics, besides I hear those Hostess cupcakes calling my name!

No comments: