Sunday, May 3, 2009

Rain, Rain, and More Rain




Yep, it's been awhile. Let's see. Last time I wrote it was really hot then it got cold and rainy. Really rainy. It's been foggy up on the mountain and raining off and on for days. All I want to do is lay down with a book and read until I fall asleep. No can do! I got alot of stuff done so I can update my BMH Etsy shop and pictures of jewelry for the Beth1818 Etsy shop so I'll be busy this week with that. I did get a few things listed today but I'm saving the bulk of it for this week. I decided that I just don't have the time to clean all that Babydoll Southdown fleece I got back in March (?) so I've listed what's left in the shop and someone else can clean it.
I made some batts Friday night and was able to get enough out of three of the colorways to spin a batt of each.......the spun yarn is gorgeous!!! I really need to make some batts for me and keep the yarn but I'm still trying to make up the money I spent on the carder. I'm having a blast though!! Yesterday, Eric and the kids and I went for a walk in the woods to look for morels. We found some on the way back home in OUR woods.......Katie's eagle eye spotted 7 huge morels and they were delicious!!!
Today we took the kids to Game Stop. They each went through their DS games and picked a handful that they don't play or want anymore to trade in for credit. Katie came home with $45 worth of games that only cost her $10 and Alex came home with about $40 worth of games and still has about $30 in credit. Wow! I was thrilled, my kids are learning to be thrifty!! Okay, what I was really happy about is Katie got Animal Crossing for the Game Cube so now I have a person and a house and am working for Tom Nook (he's such a jerk) to pay off my house debt.......but my person's outfit is really cute and I love shaking trees to see what comes out ;). Geez, I see how they get sucked into this stuff. After about half an hour though I'm sick of it, really. Well, Eric is bidding on an internet auction so I need to get off the computer........something about when I'm on the internet it slows his computer down and he can't bid as fast. Anyhow, I hope everyone had a great weekend and I'm going to go work on some plans for an ark.......it's suppose to rain ALL week! BLAH!

No comments: