Saturday, December 27, 2008

In The Wake of Christmas




Okay, I survived Christmas again this year. Now comes the dawning realization that in another week or two all that Christmas stuff we unpacked and lugged up from the basement has to be packed back up and put away. The thought of it makes my skin crawl. I've gotten a bit of stuff done that I actually wanted to do versus stuff like laundry and cleaning bathrooms. I finished a pair of socks for myself, a bolero that started off life as a caplet (I still don't know where I went wrong), 2 more needle cases for my shops and a purse. Now I've got to take photos of everything and post them. Maybe tomorrow.




The kids had a great Christmas! They stayed in the pj's all day and played with their loot. Alex got a large robotic remote control raptor thingy that he freaked the cats out with and Katie got a really nice sewing machine. Seriously, it is a NICE machine. I got it at an auction for $17--my guess is new (and it was only used once)it was a $250 machine. Yesterday we cleaned out Katie's room. Had to do it the old fashioned way because I was out of dynamite. I think we took about 3 1/2 forty gallon trash bags worth of stuff out of her room. Where the hell does it all come from? Anyway, you can see her floor again, you can find stuff, and she has a new sewing center which she is thrilled about. Now she wants to go to JoAnn's to get sewing stuff and fabric.........I've created a monster! Alex is cleaning his room out as I type (yes, I'm hiding). I see another trip to the dump and the Salvation Army in my future. We do this twice a year to keep the clutter down to a dull roar......well, that's the idea anyway.




I'm going to go eat half a bag of Ghiradelli chocolate my sweetheart Eric got me for Christmas and make some of that gormet coffee one of my yarn buddies sent (it's liquid caffeine) and see if I can make it through the rest of the evening. Geez, I really am long winded! Sorry.........

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I like your new blog and I think you are getting the hang of it very quickly. I'm glad you survived Christmas!